Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wednesday

Today was one of those great teaching days. I did a Philosophical Chair activity in my AVID class; it was the first time I'd tried it and it went really well. The kids handled it wonderfully and we all enjoyed it. I had that good feeling that reminds me of why I love what I do.

The rest of the day went well also; lots of differentiating between classes, trying to meet the needs of all the students. It's something I'm supposed to do every day (and I try) but you can imagine some days go better than others. Today was one of the better ones.



This is a tree made out of construction paper loops; the kids wrote science facts on them last week and I put them up in the hall in the shape of a Christmas tree. You'd be amazed at how 8th graders still love to see their work on display; they stop and point out their loop to their friends. They try and act so cool, but they're still kids at heart, underneath the bravado.



My husband and I went out to dinner tonight to celebrate the 3rd anniversary of our wedding. He and I have been missing connections with each other lately, due in part to my catching up from being sick a week, part due to holiday stress I'm sure. So it was nice to sit down and focus on each other. No matter how strained we sometimes feel with each other, I still am grateful to have found and married this man.

1 comment:

  1. I hope this tree intrigues the students with it's facts. What a clever idea, Rose.

    ReplyDelete