Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thursday


I haven't had the most imaginative blog titles lately, not sure why. Usually I'm such a fan of alliteration but I'm not feeling it for some reason.





I'm really glad the weekend is near; only two school days next week and then the break will be here. Although it'll be a whirlwind with the girls home, it'll still be nice to sleep in and lounge around in my pajamas. Speaking of pajamas, I am loving the pair I bought last month at the Gap Outlet. They were a spur of the moment buy, but what a good one. Soft, stretchy, and comfortable, and I think they look nice too. Of course, I'm sure my husband is tired of seeing them, as I've usually got them on by the time he gets home. I think they are a good substitute for my lack of beach time. I know that sounds odd, but I was thinking about how long it's been since I walked down to the beach, what with the time change and all. I never get home before dark these days, and it seems like it's raining on the weekends. I'm hoping to take a walk this weekend so I can take some photographs of some of the kitschy holiday decorations in our neighborhood. They have to be seen to be appreciated, believe me.



I made this last night after reading about it on Make It Do. It really smells nice, although mine doesn't look as pretty since I used ground cloves instead of whole ones. Oh, and I just realized I forgot to put whip up on my blog list, so I'm way behind on it. Like this and this and this! Gotta go catch up!


Oh, and I just saw these over at PurlBee. So pretty. I do love their project ideas. This one looks like a nice keep-in-the-car project, and it'll help me use some yarn I bought from KnitPicks that I've had no idea how to use. Until now.

2 comments:

  1. Is that storm heading your way? Better stock up. Too bad it didn't hit this past Monday and cause you a couple of snow days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but with the bay effect, we usually only get snow from storms that come from the south. It has messed up my daughter's return home though; she's snowed in in Blacksburg. :(

    ReplyDelete