Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Friday, November 24, 2017

Thankful

I hope everyone had a wonderful and peaceful Thanksgiving.  I certainly enjoyed mine, and the grateful feeling continues today.  Yesterday, I took a walk on the beach before heading over to my parents' house for Thanksgiving with my parents, my sister and her family, and Melissa and her dad.  I am so grateful that he and I have gotten to the place where we are able to share family time again without all the hurt feelings we used to have.  It took many years, but we are here and I am truly, truly grateful.  Afterwards, I visited with a friend, Lisa, and her family; I've known them for over twenty years, which is a lovely gift.  Finally I stopped by Lori's house to visit with her family, before heading home to Gracie.  All in all, a lovely day.  
 
 
I took another walk this morning, and it was much sunnier.
 
This was my Black Friday haul, by the way:
The trees are stunning here in Norfolk right now:
 
 
And of course, I'm always grateful for my Gracie-cat, who loves her sunny spot in the kitchen.
 
Hoping the rest of the weekend is as calm and relaxing as these first two days have been.  Be good to each other, dear ones.
 

4 comments:

  1. Your day sounds perfect Rise. Enjoy the rest of your beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely Thanksgiving. I would have liked a little more quiet, but there were up to 14 of us at any given event.
    That is the best Black Friday haul I've seen yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous sky and leaves and what a great haul on black Friday! Looks like you had a wonderful weekend Rose. Hope you got to rest a bit just like Gracie!

    ReplyDelete