Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Saturday, November 11, 2017

Cold Weather Weekend

I am so happy that we have finally gotten a taste of cold weather, allowing me to pull out and actually wear some of my handknits.  Not sure how long it will stick around, but I do enjoy it.    

I have almost finished the cowl I started last week, but put it aside for a minute, for some reason.  ADD kicked in, I guess.

 
 
I decided to cast on for the North Light Fibers hat using yarn Lori and I bought on last year's Rhinebeck trip.  The pattern was written to use two colors, so Lori and I each bought one skein to save money.  
I also felt like I needed to put a pom pom on my key chain; I like the cheeriness, plus it helps me find them in the bottom of my bag.
 
Tuesday was our in-service day, and Lori, Brita, and I wore our tee shirts commemorating our friend, Chris.  
 
Gracie always enjoys a good nap while I knit, watch tv, or read.  Clearly, this was one of the days my allergies were bothering me, as evidenced by the tissues, but she doesn't mind.  Have you used the Puffs brand infused with Vicks?  I love those!
 
I saw this odd license plate today and took a photo of it when I was at a stop light.  
Thank you for your kind comments about my blue mood.  As I suspected, it passed quickly, and my week was a good one.  I had a doctor appointment yesterday to discuss migraine medication and I'm hoping that will help.  I don't think I suffer from them as badly as some women do, but I do have certain triggers and/or cycles when they seem to happen more frequently, and fall is one of those times.  Even though I love the cold weather, it makes my neck and shoulders tighten up, and going from outdoors to overheated indoors can cause problems too.  Wow, that sounds pretty negative, but it isn't meant to be.  

Only taught two days this past week, which is a great work-life balance.  I have a full work week coming up, then it's Thanksgiving already.  Hoping to get some serious knitting time this weekend, since I did some cleaning Thursday night.  The extra day really helps.  Why can't every weekend be three days long??  Hope you all have a lovely, peaceful week.  Virginia did well in the gubernatorial election this time, in my opinion.  Love trumps hate.

 

6 comments:

  1. So glad your blue mood didn't hang around too long.
    I love fall, but it's too busy with school, the High Holy Days andT-giving.
    For me, knitting and ADD seem to be partners. I have way too many projects. I do want to make that cowl. Another cast-on!
    Go Virginia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to have some free time but mainly because kids aren't around I guess. And yard work has slowed!

      Delete
  2. Ha! Great license plate. And cute Gracie.

    Glad your blue mood has passed. It was FREEZING in PA this weekend. Yikes! Without much of a Fall, it seems rather sudden. I keep thinking of your Guernsey Wrap and thinking I would love to make one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not cold enough here yet for that but almost!! You should make one, it's easy and looks difficult

      Delete
  3. Good idea about the pompom on the keychain. I am tired of rooting around in my bag; a pompom it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to use a better connector, maybe an i-cord

      Delete