Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Friday, November 3, 2017

KNit November

Halloween has come and gone; I think it is one of the few times I didn't stay home to pass out candy.  A coworker invited me to a cookie decorating event at one of the coffee shops I like, so I did that instead.  One of my neighbor's informed me afterwards that she handed out candy to over 200 kids!  Crazy.
 
I've only been able to knit a round or two a day on my mitt pattern, but I'm planning to spend some quality time with it this weekend.  I love the amount of concentration I have to give it; it's super fun for me for some reason.  I have even knit a round or two in the parking lot before starting work this past week.
 
 
I love this shot of the crowd at the Perfect Blend Yarn store in Saugerties listening to the Minnesota 52 authors.  I was working on Lori's Bousta Beanie and clearly enjoying whatever was being said.
 
 
This is a shorter post than I had planned, because I haven't had a chance to photograph my Rhinebeck loot, but since the weather is supposed to be pretty good this weekend, I should be able to get it done.  When I do, I will definitely share.
 
Although not having wifi at home is a bit inconvenient, it has helped me out in terms of reducing the amount of time I would normally waste on playing solitaire and surfing the web.  I can do whatever is truly necessary on my phone, but as the phone screen is so much smaller than the iPad screen, I have definitely spent less time using it.  Which is a win.  
 
Hoping you have a wonderful weekend, full of knitting.  Peace.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. It is fun to work on a challenging pattern, especially when the result is so gorgeous!
    So, do you have no Internet at home? Or just no wifi? I don't waste a lot of time on the Internet, but I do use it for work and art/craft stuff. Keith is addicted though. He needs Internet. I don't have a tablet, and it seems like it's easy to get distracted on those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just cancelled it 2 weeks ago to save money and time; it used to be $20 a month but kept increasing and when it hit $55 I decided to cut it. I decided I can use my iPad to blog at coffee shops. Win-win because I definitely wasted too much time on it in the evenings. Now I can knit more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you going without WiFi at home Rose. I hope you did get all the knitting time you wanted this weekend.

    ReplyDelete