Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Saturday, November 18, 2017

Saturday Morning

Although not having wifi at home is inconvenient at times, it has really helped me in terms of reducing the amount of time I used to waste on my iPad, especially the hours spent playing solitaire and clicking down rabbit hole links, although the links weren't always a waste of time.  Solitaire was always a waste of time.  I'm not sure I can quantify what I've done with the saved time but that doesn't really matter, does it?  I know Gracie enjoys having me pay more attention to her.  
I found the mitts I was looking for last month; when I realized I hadn't found my woven scarf, I looked in my yarn room and found a smaller bin of hand knits, and there they were.  Unfortunately, I had used so much cedar, that everything needs aired out a bit before I can wear any of it without smelling like an old lady, but at least it deterred the moths!
I'm hurriedly finishing up a pair of Churchmouse Stay On Booties for a baby shower today; I'd be finished but for the fact that I've had to knit four in order to complete one pair.  All entirely my errors.  These are adorable and easy to knit, despite my problems, so much so, that I'm planning to knit a few more pairs immediately, so I can have them on hand.
 
I posted this photo of my dad on Facebook last week for Veterans Day, and it occurred to me that we look more alike than I realized, especially when you see both photos in black and white.  Of course, I'm about forty years older than him in these photos, so take that in account.
 
 Remember the cute woven felt bags my friend, Kristin, gave our group for Rhinebeck?  Well, in true cat fashion, Melissa's cat felt the need to nest in it.  Cats recognize quality when they see it.  She looks a bit like Gracie, I think.
 
Wishing you and yours a wonderful and peaceful Thanksgiving.  I am very grateful for my life, which includes all of you.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I had tucked a bit of cedar or lavender in my yarn. I found some of my wool damaged; not all the way through, but enough to be upsetting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am getting caught up after being away from blogland for two weeks. You look great Rose. Remember we all have blue days, or even lots of blue days but then they pass as they should! I love a cat who loves a felted bag. Hang in there, this time of year can be tough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do look a lot like your dad! Isn't that funny? My nephew looks exactly like my dad, though neither of my brothers do.
    I think it's great that you're off the iPad. Those things look seductively dangerous!
    Better the scent of cedar than mothballs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely agree - better cedar than mothballs - LOL. You do look like your Dad - fun to see the pictures together. And love the picture of your daughter's cat in your bag - so sweet. Wishing you a wonderful, restful and happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete