Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Tuesday, December 5, 2017

December

Melissa gave me this lovely wreath last weekend and I have it on the inside of my backdoor so I can enjoy it while I'm in my sunroom.  Isn't it sweet?
 
I cannot believe this year is almost over. It's been a good one in many ways, even though there have been some difficult times as well. But that's pretty much the nature of life, isn't it?    

Here I am with Kristin and Lori at a baby shower for our friend Melissa's daughter, who is expecting her baby in January.  I didn't know the picture was being taken, and as you can see, I'm knitting.  We each gave her a small knitted item and a sheep related children's book purchased at NY Sheep & Wool.  Such fun.

 
 I think I mentioned that I couldn't find my favorite hand mitts, but I finally did.  I had a smaller box tucked away in the yarn room closet, and they were in there.  I found them just in time, as we are finally going to get some seasonal weather!  
I took a few photos recently and used the black and white filter; I kind of liked these two.
 
 
 
Gracie loves sitting up on top of this hutch sometimes, but rarely lets me take her picture.  Usually she jumps down as soon as I pick up my phone, so I was happy to get these of her.
 
And she's off!
 
I had lots more to say, but as it's a Tuesday night and I'm tired, this will have to do for now.  I hope you enjoy this month, whatever you celebrate.  I'm focusing on the light, in the form of candles and twinkle lights, the music, and friends and family, but that's what I enjoy regardless of the season.  I read The Gift of the Magi to my students today and played Christmas music while they did some related activities and it felt like a good day to me.  I'm planning to read portions of The Christmas Carol over the next week as well, and hope that goes well too.  Not sure why I haven't done more themed selections before now, but I'm glad I decided to do it this year.  Have a peaceful and joy filled week, dear ones.

5 comments:

  1. The Black & white photo of the train tracks is fabulous - love it! also love your wreath. Wishing you a peaceful and joyous December Rose. Sweet Gracie - always enjoy the shots of her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vera! Hope to post a time or two more before Christmas but if not, Merry Christmas to you too!!

      Delete
  2. I love the black and white pics too. What pattern did you use for your mitts? They look like an easy pattern to knit. Enjoy the season:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Mitts pattern is Rathtrevor by Jane Richmond, and I love them!
      https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rathtrevor-2

      Delete
  3. That wreath is so beautiful, simple and elegant. I hope you have a wonderful week Rose.

    ReplyDelete