Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Thursday, December 21, 2017

Christmas Break

My Christmas break began today and I'm having my foot surgery tomorrow to correct the bunion on my left foot, which meant I had one day to do all the errands I wanted to do before being house bound for two weeks.  And since I don't have wifi at my house, I won't be able to post on my blog, so I made a quick run to the coffee shop for a last minute Merry Christmas post to everyone.  

It was a busy couple of weeks getting ready for the break, especially when I found out my doctor wanted me to take the first week of January off; the whole point of my having it done over break was avoiding time off, but it runs out that was out of my control, as so much of life is.  A lesson I have to learn over and over again.

This is the only tree I am having this year, due to my surgery but I think it is just lovely.  It's my shell tree with red bows added. 
 
I put strings of lights (free) on my railing, and added a thrift store wreath and I like it a lot.
I was lucky enough to get a free ticket to go with friends to see this production last week and it was wonderful!
Funny Christmas socks from another friend:
Gracie, snuggling up, looking sweet as pie.
And even though I take a bath just about every night, she always looks a bit worried and has to check up on me.  I think it's adorable.
 
Merry Christmas to you all.  I hope you have a joy-filled, loving, and peaceful holiday.  I'll be over here on the couch, knitting, reading, and napping for the next two weeks.  

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and take care! I hope all goes well. I'm sure Gracie will take very good care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! Foot surgery isn't all that much fun. And with no wifi! I hope you'll be able to update us on your recovery.
    The first time I met you, you were using a knee scooter! Between us, we've have quite a few surgeries.
    I know what you mean about trying not to miss work. I've almost given up on hoarding my sick days. I lost three days in December with that cracked tooth.
    I hope that you have a lovely and restful holidays with a few elves to bring you soup and other nourishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dear! Best of luck with the surgery. And, of course, Merry Christmas and wishing you joy and merriment for 2018. Give Gracie a little scratch behind the ears from me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck on your surgery and recovery Rose. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete