Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Sunday, November 4, 2012

Weekend Wrapup

The yarn spent thirty-six hours warming up, and now it's back in the freezer, neatly tucked inside ziplock bags. Hopefully, the damage has been contained, and I've learned my lesson about yarn storage.

My youngest daughter, Melissa, spent her weekend moving into her first post-college place. She and three of her friends went in together to rent a four bedroom house in a neighborhood that has a lot of houses built in the early twentieth century. Their house isn't quite that old, but it's old enough to have some really pretty architectural details. She is quite excited and I'm very proud of her independent spirit. And since she took a lot of old furniture from our garage, Steve is happy about the extra space we've acquired. I'd call that a win all around, wouldn't you?

I've finished grading a set of tests and now I'm settling in for my Sunday night PBS marathon, starting with Call The Midwife through Upstairs, Downstairs. And of course, some more knitting. Hope you had a lovely weekend. November is definitely here.

 

2 comments:

  1. You must be so proud of your lovely girls. Lovely way to spend the evening.
    Have a great week at school.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm envious of your kids. My two ate still at home, attending university (in Canada, it's less common to go away to school, but still...)P.S. Isabel, our dual citizen, registered on her own to vote and sent in her ballot for the District of Columbia.

    ReplyDelete