Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Monday, November 12, 2012

Chincoteague Weekend

Steve took me away for the weekend for our anniversary; we spent it on Chincoteague Island, off of the Eastern Shore. The weather was unbelievably beautiful, unseasonably so.
 
This was the view from our room:
Main Street; ever read the book, Misty of Chincoteague? This is the setting for it.
There was a yarn store, but the owners were away for the weekend, unfortunately.

A wild pony, near the entrance to Assateague National Park, which is accessible by a bridge.

 

Assateague Island Lighthouse:
My hand knit socks, which were actually unnecessary, given the temperature.

Six years and still happy. Cowl made by Meredith.

 

Assateague beach.

 

An oyster lunch. Amazing.

I love the colors at this time of year.

Sunset from our room.

 

 

Kayakers on the water in Onancock, Virginia.

Gorgeous yellow leaves.

 

Sunset over the Chesapeake Bay, at the end of our weekend.

Such a lovely trip.

 

7 comments:

  1. I am so jealous! What a fabulous weekend. I have a friend here who touts Chincoteauge as a great destination. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sighing at every photo. Such a romantic getaway. You're so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful weekend! The island looks absolutely gorgeous and the perfect place for an anniversary getaway. Once again, Happy Anniversary to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are so cute, I was there years and years ago, it still looks beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I popped over via Meredith's blog.. I enjoyed your ocean and beach photos. I love the beach! Nice to meet you! I blog too..
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you to everyone for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete