Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Thursday, November 15, 2012

Viral

As in I have a nasty virus. Of course, they're always nasty, aren't they? Anyway, I came home early yesterday, and went to the doctor today to make sure I didn't have strep (I don't), and although I still feel lousy, I can tell I'm on the upswing of this thing. At least, I think I am.

This is the first time this year I've missed work, so I'm concerned about my unruly students. Can't wait to see the note the substitute leaves. Or not. Truly, my second bell is a tough one. Oh well.

In knitting notes, I feel like I'm becoming more prolific. Having two work friends who are avid knitters is having a wonderful effect on me. I started a sock on Monday, and I've just turned the heel on it.

And I didn't even knit on it yesterday. Still looking for the remaining Lorna's Laces yarn for my second spring break sock. If I find it, I will have two new pairs in no time! Especially since I have a road trip coming up next week. Did I mention we are visiting Meredith and Ryan for Thanksgiving? I am so excited! They were supposed to have moved to Brooklyn the first of November, but it has been delayed until the weekend after our visit, so we will be going to Stamford instead. This will just give me a reason to visit her again soon! As they are both vegetarian, we will be dining on Tofurkey this year. Melissa is going up the day before us to help them out, and Stephanie will be traveling with us, but the four of us will be coming back together.

 

Still loving the colors of the leaves this fall. I don't know why I am so entranced by them every year, but I am. They are breathtaking.

 

4 comments:

  1. So sorry you are under the weather, but a wonderful Thanksgiving is coming up so you will want to have all this out of your system before then. Love the sock, and knitting friends at work are the best!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck. Sorry about the viral crud. The sock is beautiful! I hope your LL shows up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leaves? You still have leaves? I haven't seen a leaf on a tree for weeks now!

    Your Thanksgiving sounds like it will be a lot of fun. How cool to have a daughter who hosts holidays.

    I hope you're feeling better. Let me know what the sub says. I always worry about subs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fave veg Thanksgiving meal is Potato and Mushroom Pie, a recipe I adapted from one by Rose Elliott. Especially nice with roasted carrots and parsnips. Yum! I sort of miss U.S. Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete