Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Monday, September 3, 2012

September

Trying to set things up for the first week back with kids, so Steve and I don't end up eating out or eating cereal for dinner every night. I picked out five recipes from my collection of Everyday Foods, September editions only. Hoping very one is a keeper, but it doesn't always work out that way. Still, a meh dinner is still dinner this week. First on the list because of its amount of prep time is the Chicken and Artichoke Stew. It seemed a good one to make as a get ahead dish, especially since it made three quarts! Neither Steve nor I were very hungry last night, partly due to the ferocious humidity around here that has sapped our energy, so this dish was put in the refrigerator for Tuesday night. Done and done. I've also picked out a couple of ten minute prep meals, one being Tortellini with Peas and the other being Mini Spinach and Cheese Pizzas.

 

Steve and I went to the Virginia Beach Oceanfront Saturday for the American Music Festival, and we saw Southern Culture on the Skids, Soul Asylum, and Cheap Trick. I enjoyed the first group, but Steve was thrilled to see them all.

 

During one of the intermissions, we cooled off in the water. Steve totally set this shot up for his Facebook cover page.

 

Apparently, this is Cheap Trick's Dream Police outfit. I'm so out of it, but Steve went up to the front of the stage while I stayed put in the water or sat knitting in the beach chair. Still, it was definitely a fun day.

We also saw our yearly quota of tattoos, not that there's anything wrong with that.

After lots of yard and house work yesterday, I plan on doing a whole lot of nothing today. Hope you enjoy your Labor Day Monday too!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy school is going well for you. The concert at the beach sounds great, I am a fan of those groups so I would have loved to have been plopped down next to you knitting away. I cleaned the garage Saturday, housework yesterday and today cleaned my car, after my shower I am done!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chicken and artichoke dish sounds good.

    The concert sound like it was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete