Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Autumn

I love the slant of the sunlight these days, as we slip into autumn. The air has a hint of coolness in the morning and a few trees are starting to look more brown than green, although the days are still quite warm.

 

I came home yesterday to find this lovely surprise in my mailbox; such a great little publication. It's the third issue and it keeps getting better. It reminds me of the early issues of Mothering magazine, back in the eighties, when breast feeding was such a big part of my life.

This was the scene of my organizing session last night. I was so happy to get everything sorted in a way that made sense. It gives me a sense of control, knowing where all these ideas are, ready to be implemented. Binders and dividers, plus a new pack of colored markers, just for fun.

Last night we ate a mash up of leftovers for dinner, but tonight was a treat. Frozen pastry dough is my newest pantry staple. I used one sheet to make a spinach tart and the other one for an artichoke tart. Both had scallions, a bit of Parmesan, a little goat cheese, and some fresh mozzarella. Delicious.


 
I also played around with the camera and Instagram app.
It's the little things, right?

2 comments:

  1. Yes it is, organizing, good food, someone you love, knitting it sounds perfect to me.
    Have a great day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Playing with food and getting a book in the mail: two fun things to do. But the best part is those colored markers. yes!

    ReplyDelete