Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Saturday, July 14, 2012

Planning

I will be leaving on Sunday morning for my week long VDOE job in Richmond, and it occurred to me that I better start thinking about what knitting I'm taking. As the Wingspan is done, I think that I will take the cotton cardigan and the Citron, in the interest of something old and something new. I'm also going to take some of the novels for my English class, although apparently the trend is to devote 75% of the curriculum on non-fiction. Not sure how I feel about that just yet, but I'm sure I'll have an opinion soon enough.

 

Here is a photo of the unblocked Wingspan, using the Hipstamatic app.

 



And this is the long sidewalk that I edged and Steve cleaned up last night. I bet the grass was overgrown at least an inch on each side, so it was tough going. Stuff on my body hurts that I didn't know I had. Ideally we will keep up with the maintenance, but I won't bet the house on it.

I wanted to do the front sidewalk this morning, but I was just too beat. There's always tomorrow!

 

5 comments:

  1. Your Redwing is just lovely. I don't read a lot of non-fiction (says something about me, I'm sure) and I doubt it would make me happy to have such a big helping in a course. But I guess it depends on the books. I'l wait and see how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a non fiction fan either, so I'm hoping I won't have to follow a strict curriculum and can have enough fiction to keep me (and my students) happy.

      Delete
  2. The shawl is really beautiful, lovely bright color. Have a wonderful week
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shawl is wonderful and i love the color. Have a great week. and please share any good reads you come across.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mere and Larissa, thank you so much for your kind words. Mi like the semi solid color too, and it was a fun knit.

    ReplyDelete