Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Odds and Ends

I forgot to show the book haul I brought home on Saturday. Lift was a sweet ode to motherhood, by the author of In the Middle. Kelly Corrigan's style of writing made me feel as if we were just hanging out and chatting about life. I've just started The Sweet In-Between, which was written by an author who teaches at my alma mater, ODU.
 
 
 

Speaking of hanging out and chatting, I met up with a friend/former co-worker and her son this morning at a coffee shop near ODU.

 

Here, he has a toy cat climbing up and down my leg. Such a sweet and very, very busy boy he is, which is just how it should be. His mom is energetic and great too, such a good mom.

They've gone home for the morning nap time, while I'm hanging out alone a bit before I head off to run some errands. In an air conditioned car, thank goodness. Apparently it was a wiring issue, easily corrected and free of charge. Oh, and dinner last night was falafel pitas with a cold wheat berry salad. I may be getting the hang of this dinner thing again.

 

1 comment:

  1. I've been reading a lot too. I always forget how much happier I am when I make time to read at least a book a week. Your friend is a cutie. I only get to ODU once a year for the WHRO great computer challenge - it's a very nice campus. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete