Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Monday, March 7, 2011

Sock Knitting

Socks almost done! The trip to the Outer Banks yesterday was quality sock knitting time, thanks to Steve doing all the driving. It's funny how sometimes all I want to do is knit on a sock. It's sort of like a palate cleanser between projects, something to knit on that doesn't require any decisions to be made. Although, if you look at my project page, I've got plenty of WIPs to choose from. Still, it's nice to knit on a sock, isn't it? Maybe because of this idea. Or maybe just because.

6 comments:

  1. I love the idea of plain socks as a "palate cleanser." That is just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the peep toe look you have there. I agree, socks can be a palate cleanser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely agree on the cleansing properties of sock knitting. Those look very cozy. Well, except for that toe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is a good Idea for you because you are so good at making socks, me, I am a mess with them.
    Have a lovely day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to knit socks, but I hate using 4 needles. I found a very old knitting book(10 cents new)that has 2 needle sock pattern. Now I can whip out a pair in just 2 days.
    http://relaxandknit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can never go wrong knitting socks and yours are almost finished! Yay!

    ReplyDelete