Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Show & Tell

Steve and I walked on the beach Sunday afternoon with Andrew and his girlfriend, Mae.
It was a little chilly, but so nice to be out in the fresh air.
Steve wore his Seaman's Cap; it's a pattern he picked out and it's knit in the scratchy Galway Highland Heather he loves. I bought at least four skeins of it when an area knitshop closed down, and I still have two full skeins of it. Come to think of it, I must have bought more than that because I've made a pair of socks for him out of, plus I've used it in some plain hats.

This is a pot of tulips left over from Lindsay's wedding. I can't believe how well they are holding up.




I have another pot in the kitchen in my blue bowl. We're going to plant the bulbs in the hope they will come up again next year. I seem to remember that some tulips don't bloom more than once, but it's worth a shot.



Speaking of flowers in the yard, these are so pretty, even though they are pretty close to weeds, I think.




They've popped up all over the yard. Weed or not, I like them, don't you?




Now I need to get back to work. I have a project due Saturday for my gifted class and I'm starting to stress about it!

3 comments:

  1. Spring is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing the lowers and I'm so happy the beach is warming up a bit for you.
    Have a great day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous of the flowers...yes, I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flowers are never weeds -- unless they are dandylions!

    ReplyDelete