Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Friday, November 12, 2010

Stream of Consciousness

My mind is going in a million directions at once. Thinking about the work I need to do today at school (teacher workday), the work I need to do for my gifted class, knitting projects I want to start and finish, stuff I want to do around the house to prepare for the holiday season, the trip I'm taking tomorrow, the way I want my life to be more authentic, more conscious, more aware.

What's going on in your mind?

2 comments:

  1. I think a hamster stole my yarn and is running around and around on a wheel in my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rudee said it perfectly. I long to live more consciously, to enjoy each moment and not see it as just a stepping stone to the next, but the demands from outside are so great right now that it never seems to happen. I console myself with the fact that at least I'm aware of it and can at least reduce the pressure by reducing some of the excess that likes to think itself 'necessary'!

    ReplyDelete