Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Saturday, November 27, 2010

NaKniSweMo Update

With only four days left in November (what? where did it go?), I feel pretty good about the sweater progress. I'm over half way through the first sleeve and the neckline is done already. I chose the lacey ribbed option; I think it's so pretty. I'm debating about whether to reknit it on smaller needles, since it seemed a little floppy when Melissa tried it on for me, but I haven't made up my mind about it yet.

Can you see how it puffs out from the stockinette section? I am stressing like a crazy woman over this sweater, probably because it's for my mom. She keeps telling me to relax, but I'm genetically unable to do so.


Speaking of stress, I had a little bit of anxiety attack going into Thursday, but everything went fairly smoothly. Why do I continue to worry about the behavior of others when I know I have no control over them? Or is it the lack of control that sets me off? Anyway, I'm back to semi-normal and plan to knit most of the weekend. Oh, and do some coursework so I don't freak out right before the deadline. Ha.


I also have to get back on the Weight Watcher's wagon, since I gained 2.5 pounds this week. The thing that concerns me is that this is the exact time the wheels came off (extending the metaphor) last year. The good news is that I have walked on the beach the past two days and plan to do so a few more times before Monday, so that should help. Plus, I'm giving or throwing away all the leftover goodies today, so I don't continue to eat them. Macaroni and cheese, I'm talking to you!

2 comments:

  1. As for the anxiety, it helps me to take a moment, step back and ask myself if I own the problem. If I don't, I find it's easier to let it all go.

    You've done so well on the WW. You'll continue to do so. I am concerned that it appears Macaroni and Cheese is speaking to you;-)

    The sweater looks great. As for the edge, if it's wool, do a quick block to see how much it blooms with blocking. That should give you the answer you seek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice about the stress, I just need it tatooed on my wrists or maybe the inside of my eyelids. As for the sweater, I'm pretty sure I'm going to rip out and redo on smaller needles but I may wait until it's gifted first so I can meet the November deadline AND knit on other smaller gift items.

    ReplyDelete