Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Rambling Sort of Day

Morning post:

It's a gorgeous day today and I'm off work due to Veteran's Day! I'm planning to use some of the free time to work on my UVA course work. Plus some laundry. Plus knitting. Plus finish Mockingjay, the last book in the Hunger Games trilogy. Another one of my professional goals this year was to get back into reading young adult fiction, so as to promote reading amongst my students. When my daughters were little, and when I taught English, I read young adult lit constantly, but since I've been teaching science for so long, I've really drifted away from it. Anyway, I've thoroughly enjoyed the series and have done a couple of booktalks with my students about it, which is always fun.


I'm also getting myself together to head out on another trip, this time to visit Melissa for the weekend, and a quick visit with Stef on my way back home. Looking forward to seeing both of them for some girls-only time!

**Later in the day

I'm not surprised I managed to procrastinate enough that I didn't do any of my course work today after all, and unfortunately, not much knitting, unless you count the hour from 1:30 a.m. to 2:30 a.m. before I officially got up for the day. I did however do a lot of laundry, read some, did the daily crossword puzzle, cleaned some floors, met a friend for lunch, met my husband for a mini-shopping run, did some grocery shopping of my own, talked to my mother, sister, and two of the four girls, and fixed dinner. So not too bad of a day, right?

Oh, and don't forget the blog cruising, where I found these little snippets:

I love Sufjan Stevens, and it turns out he's a knitter too! (You have to read through the second page for it.)



Free knitting patterns are always nice, especially as the holidays approach. I'm doing it differently this year in that I'm knitting my mom a sweater and therefore, I'm probably not going to make lots of other gift knits. Although Steve does get a new hat; I've already decided on the yarn, Rowan felted tweed in a lovely charcoal grey/blue color. Still mulling over which pattern to use though.

Tomorrow is Friday! Have a happy one!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous you had the day off. I think you spent it rather well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a LOT done today. Have fun with the sweater.

    ReplyDelete