Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Sunday, April 18, 2010

Squirrels, Sunshine, and Yarn

Remember the bird feeder damage? Well the squirrel went and pried the bottom out of the feeder one day this week. I can just picture him standing underneath it with his squirrel mouth wide open and his little pot belly filling up with nuts and seeds. And lying down after in a gluttonous, glazed eye state. Let's see what he does with this one. It's a sock feeder; not pretty and probably not squirrel proof, but I'm hoping the birds get some of the seed before he comes back.

Here's that lovely piece of driftwood I found yesterday. Not sure where on the deck it'll end up, as I'm constantly moving things around out there.
I love the dappled look of the sunlight filtering through the new leaves on the tree that shades our deck.
Here's the new yarn I bought yesterday for the baby blanket.



Doesn't it look pretty in this basket?




Here are the four squares I've done so far. The pink one just needs bound off and then I'll be onto square number five. Not sure which stitch pattern I'll pick next, but boy, I'm having fun with this project.


Tomorrow I go back to work. I must say, I'm actually looking forward to it, although I'm sure I'll be wondering why by Wednesday.

3 comments:

  1. The yarns are gorgeous.

    I'll bet the squirrel finds a way to steal the entire sock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your color choices. So bright - they just shout youth and spring-time.

    Squirrels...ya gotta love 'em. I laughed at the picture of the greedy guy filling up under the feeder.

    ReplyDelete