Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Dinner Reservations

Thanks to the plans I made yesterday, I now have a chicken cooking cockspatched style, which apparently means you cut out the backbone, flatten it out in the pan, and cook at 500 degrees for thirty minutes for a crisper skin. I've added sundried tomatoes, eight or ten cloves of garlic, and a cup of white wine. I love cooking with wine, cause you always have some to drink while you cook, the epitome of good living in my book. I'm also steaming some redskin pototaoes, to which I'll be smashing when done, and adding olive oil and lemon zest. I have my new (thrifted) apron on and I'm listening to a Bon Iver cd. A nice Tuesday evening, eh?



1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a recipe for a perfect evening. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete