Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Wednesday, April 28, 2010

KCBW#3: Wednesday




One Great Knitter

Write about a knitter whose work (whether because of project choice, photography, styling, scale of projects, stash, etc) you enjoy. If they have an enjoyable blog, you might find it a good opportunity to send a smile their way.



There are so many out there that have added to my enjoyment of this craft, but the first one to really inspire me was Yarn Harlot. Reading about her adventures in knitting and love of yarn is always entertaining and encouraging. She reminds me that no one will be harmed if I try something new in knitting and fail, something that my perfectionistic self needs to learn over and over again.



But check out my blogroll for many, many other fabulous and encouraging knitters, like Ruth, Stephanie, and the Mason-Dixon women, Ann and Kay, my oldest daughter, M1, and my stepdaughter, S, just to name a very few. My thanks goes out to all of these women.




And thanks to my youngest daughter, M2, for this photo of me, doing what I love.

2 comments:

  1. That's a great photo of you knitting. The Harlot was one of my early inspirations, too. Her writing is always clever, and without her, I never would have understood the inner workings of a sock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like photos of hands knitting. There's great purpose there. And it's interesting to see how differently each knitter tensions the yarn.
    Thank you for the mention in the same post as the Yarn Harlot. I am humbled.

    ReplyDelete