Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Saturday, April 17, 2010

Back to Normal

I'm finally feeling more like myself after this past week of medical stuff. I think the fact that they checked my heart scared me a little more than I realized at the time. I think I process that stuff slower than my family like me to do. My mom was threatening to come over today and drag me outside if I hadn't have done it on my own. Tough love, that's my mom.

Steve and I got up early and went for bagels this morning and as soon as we got home I took a nap on the couch. We went to the thrift store after I got up, but I only bought one more sheet to add to my pile. I'm looking for some type of non-traditional nightstand to put in M2's room, the room I'm now using for sewing, but I didn't find anything. I don't know exactly what I'm looking for but I'll know it when I see it.

Afterwards, I went to KnitWits to use up a birthday gift card and was lucky enough to find that they carry Mission Falls 1824 Cotton, which is what I decided to use for the textured baby blanket I'm knitting. I'm on square number four already; I love this project!! It's perfect for my attention span and it's encouraging me to play with color as well as some new stitches. It's really like making a sampler, each square a different swatch. Well, actually the pattern calls for two squares of each but you can change the colors to mix it up. (I took some photos but the colors didn't show up well; I'll take another picture tomorrow in the daylight.)

When I got home, Steve and I walked on the beach before dinner. I found another fabulous piece of driftwood for the deck that he was kind enough to lug home for me. I'm getting quite a collection going. Dinner was fish tacos with homemade coleslaw (cabbage with lime juice and a little mayonnaise) and black bean hummus. Again. I swear that seems to be the only meal I make these days. Unless you count cereal or cheese sandwiches. And now Steve's doing the dishes--a perfect day indeed!

2 comments:

  1. Dinner at your house sounds great. If I lived anywhere nearby I'd be dropping by regularly! I've been in a non-cooking mood lately so we haven't had anything too exciting.

    ReplyDelete