Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

What a lovely Easter weekend we're having here. We have gorgeous weather and S came home for the weekend. It was so nice to see her. We spent Saturday with her just hanging out on the deck, clearing some clutter from the garage and dropping it off at the thrift store, buying some stuff from the thrift store, eating at Machismo's, drinking lattes at Fair Grounds Coffee, and sitting on the couch watching Fantastic Mr. Fox.



These were a great find yesterday: six pairs of retro-aluminium knitting needles! I love the colors of these, they remind me of aluminium drinking tumblers from the seventies; anyone remember those?




Steve and I went to church with my parents this morning, stopped at Yorgo's Bageldashery on the way home, and now I have two asparagus quiches baking in the oven so I can take them over to my parents' house for Easter dinner, along with these adorable cakes from the bakery.




I had insomnia last night, so I got up and worked on the baby sweater; seamed the fronts to the back using a 3-needle bindoff. I love doing those, they make me feel smart for some reason. Now I have to do a yellow sleeve on the green front and a green sleeve on the yellow front.


Here's the view with the fronts flipped open a little. I think this will be so cute when it's finished, and since a made the 12-month size, it should get some decent use.



And here's the Hokie hat ready to go to double points; it seems a little tall but whatever.And since the other projects I'm working on need some attention, I grabbed this mainstay from the pile to work on while riding around today. It's Mason Dixon's log cabin washcloth. Fun for using up leftover cotton and always more appropriate feeling once the weather turns warm.







Now I'm going to take a pre-dinner walk on the beach. Hope you and yours have a lovely Easter day.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter, Rose.

    That sweater is adorable! I can't wait to see it all put together.

    ReplyDelete