Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Monday, September 25, 2017

New York Botanical Garden

Unlike my desire to visit The Cloisters, I had never had an urge to visit the NYBG.  Until I saw that a huge Dale Chihuly exhibit was there, that is.  I love his work and knew I couldn't pass up this opportunity, so off I went, on a gorgeous and mild Wednesday.  It was a 90 minute trip from where my daughter lives in Brooklyn, but it was well worth it.  It turns out that it would have been worth the trip even without the Chihuly works, but with them?  Simply amazing.  

I'm not commenting on these, but know that these are not all of the photos I took, nor are they all of the pieces in the show.  I also left out the beautiful landscapes and gardens, unless the glass was part of the scene.  I'm so glad I made the trip to see it all, and I was incredibly lucky to have such marvelous weather!  I hope you enjoy them. 

 
 
 
   

3 comments:

  1. I'll be looking through your photos again because there's just so much to take in! It must have been amazing to be able to see them in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I particularly love the piece in your last 2 pictures. Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes indeed, thanks for sharing! I just enjoy his work. How does he create those shapes? Amazing, thanks again.

    ReplyDelete