Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Mostly Knitting Photos

I swear I thought I had posted the finished Close To You shawl, but the last one I shared was the brown one, so here it is.  Can't wait to use this one!
I made it past the halfway point on my Stratcona scarf, in Quince & Co.'s Sparrow, when I messed up the pattern, and I haven't picked it back up since.  
Instead, I made a log cabin dishcloth; I finished it, but haven't photographed it yet.  Fun and mindless beach knitting.
And here is my Bousta Beanie; I don't exactly love my color choices, but I'm okay with them.  As long as I finish before Rhinebeck.  I ordered the yarn from Tolt.  They were terrific last year when I bought the yarn for my Stopover, and they didn't disappoint this time either.
Finally, pictures of Gracie in her happy place: sleeping on my bed.  I just love the way her paws are folded here.
Here too, now that I notice it.  
 
Take care of yourselves; it's the surest way to peace and joy.  Indeed, it's probably the only way.

3 comments:

  1. Close to You is next up on my project list and I'm even more excited about it after seeing yours! I'm also on a "taking care of myself" personal campaign and you're absolutely right; it is so important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, thank you for the sweet, sweet pictures of Gracie. I do love the way cats tuck their paws. Nice finish on Close to You (which I am knitting, but have not touched in weeks!). Tolt is a great place to order from - fast, etc. And I like your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem with Statcoma. Only I wasn't even halfway done. I often have problems with this type of pattern. It looks so simple, but suddenly my eyelets stop lining up. Very frustrating!

    Gracie is so darling!

    Good luck on getting your Rhinebeck project done! I skipped Wisconsin Sheep and Wool this year because I already have way too much yarn.

    ReplyDelete