Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Still Here

Gracie and I are still here, going through our days.  She loves her window perch in the kitchen.  Work is going really well, which helps a lot.  I can't believe I only have about seven weeks left, although I probably say that every year.  

When the weather is good, I'm in the yard as much as possible, and as a result, I think it's really shaping up.  I had a small setback last weekend when I ran over my electric cord with the lawn mower but thankfully my dad repaired it for me, so I didn't have to replace it.  The 100 ft cords are not cheap.  I'll have to be more cautious from now on, especially since it seems it did blow out the circuit.  But those are only around $10-$15 to replace as opposed to $50-$60.  I stopped by Home Depot on the way home today and bought ten bags of mulch and put them down tonight.  I can't remember how many bags I bought over spring break, but it was at least that many.  I could easily use another ten, but as it's supposed to rain on Friday, I think I'll wait.

 

I feel as if I'm at a different doctor every time I turn around these days and I'm healthy!  I saw the dermatologist on Monday, and had something taken off my knee, I go to a hand surgeon tomorrow to have something removed from my finger (yard injury), and next week I'm having some outpatient surgery on my eyelids, which of course requires a pre-op visit.  Not the best time to be missing time from work but I don't have a lot of choice.  I'm also having bunion surgery on one foot this summer, as well as some oral surgery!  Being over 55 years old definitely requires serious upkeep!  

I thought about going to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival this weekend, but decided I have too much to do around here.  My plans are to clear out some more clutter and take care of some paperwork I've been procrastinating.   But hopefully there will also be time for a little of this:

4 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for Handy Dads.

    Sounds like you've been plenty busy. It will be wonderful to have so many things already done when summer break arrives. Then you can truly embrace your leisure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about the Maryland Sheep and Wool festival. I'm now trying to rearrange the weekend schedule to possibly attend. The weeding may have to wait for another day. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that picture of Gracie. She's so pretty. Glad your Dad is so handy! I always say by the time I'm done all the doctor visits it's time to start all over. Tiring and expensive...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have seven weeks left? I have five, and I'm honestly not sure I'm going to make it. Do you know if the special ed teachers at your school are super stressed?
    I, too, seem to be at the doctor's office constantly. And it wasn't like this pre-55!

    ReplyDelete