Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Monday, April 24, 2017

Betwixt and Between

I feel as if I'm in a bit of a holding pattern as I wait for my divorce to be finalized.  There are many things I'd like to write about, but can't, as this is too public a platform, and that has had the effect of keeping me quieter than I'd like.  This past weekend was a challenge but I'm not really sure why, unless it was due to the grey weather.  I saw friends, took walks, and generally tried to make sure I did some things that I know are good for me, but I was a little blue nonetheless.  Anyway, I came through it and I'm back at work and feeling much better, so all is well.  I know there are some things I need to do inside my house that will help my state of mind, so the sooner I stop procrastinating, the better.  
I am very happy with the amount of yard work I did over my spring break.  I ended up planting three cherry tomato plants, three zucchini squash plants, and three eggplant plants, all in the front beds.  I transplanted a few rose bushes to make room for the vegetables, and I did lots and lots of weeding.  Still plenty to do, but I'm okay with that.
I only managed to walk on the beach once that week; the light was gorgeous.
 
 
 My knitting room is a disaster area and I think it's having a negative impact on my knitting.  I pulled these two skeins out and began the Nymphalidea shawl, but I'm not in love with it, which is weird, because I bought these at Rhinebeck in 2015 with that pattern in mind.  I've stuck with it so far, but I'm really considering ripping it out and casting on for the shawl in the Mason Dixon Knitting Book #3, since I have so much yardage.  Then again, maybe not.
One constant is Gracie.  Whether she is napping with one eye open,
 
 Or sound asleep,
Or giving me the cutest look ever, 
She's my sweet shadow, sticking by my side as much as she can.    

Hope you all have a lovely week.

6 comments:

  1. Ahhh, such sweet pictures of Gracie - thank you! Love your choice of veggies that you planted - won't be all that long before you are harvesting! It's funny how you can buy yarn with a specific project in mind and then when you (finally) get around to knitting on it, it doesn't work. That has happened to me a lot. Love your beach shot - the light really is gorgeous! Wishing I was going to be in your neck of the woods for a longer time in May so that we could meet up, but another time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, would love to meet you! Maybe one day. As for the yarn, it's really too bulky for the pattern so I think that's the issue. No matter, I'll just do something else!

      Delete
  2. Perhaps you are in a Holding Pattern because you are waiting for that One Big Thing to be settled at last. A sort of Logjam, so to speak, to be broken.

    In any case, as someone just told me, try for small victories each day. And be Patient.

    Hoping for the best for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! May 10 is the official court day and even though there will still be a few remaining loose ends, that is the big one and I think it will be a good day. Be well too!

      Delete
  3. There's no way to rush the divorce process, neither the legal or emotional parts. I know from my brother's experience, that Virginia has outdates, clumsy divorce laws. Sorry you have to deal with that. In Wisconsin, the waiting period is only 120 days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easier when no children are involved, as in our case. May 10 is the day!

      Delete