Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Saturday, March 22, 2014

Spring is Here. I Think.

Wow, I've been a slack blogger lately. Not sure if it's because I'm too busy or if I'm too lazy. I've been knitting a bit every day, but mostly I've been working a lot.

I went to Baa Baa Sheep today, a local knit shop that's owned by Roz, one of the kindest shop owners I've ever met. I don't get there nearly as often as I'd like, due to the afore mentioned work load, but at least I made it there today. I bought a copy of Knit Wear and the latest Interweave Knits. Roz has some beautiful yarns, but as I'm trying to knit from stash as much as I can, I resisted today. I was able to hang and knit for awhile though, and catch up with her and my friend, Lori.

I finished the Thoreau Hat in Shelter, as part of Lori's and my plan to knit one Christmas gift project per month. The agreement is that it has to be a Christmas gift to count. If we make something and use it or gift it before Christmas, it doesn't count. We only started it this month, so I'm right in schedule.

 

 

The weather here has been a roller coaster, 75 degrees one day and 40 degrees the next, so I've been taking pictures of my spring flowers, almost as if I need proof the winter is finally ending.

 

 

And here is Gracie, helping me grade papers last weekend. I swear she rarely leaves my side, more like a dog than a cat in that way. Such a sweetie.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

 

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty cat image. Lovely. Yes they are doglike….some people think they are not loving…but they've never had a cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart way to avoid frantic year-end knitting!
    The sight of those flowers is killing me! We still have now on the ground and the temps are around freezing. This is ridiculous!
    And thanks for your sweet card. I'm happy to say we've gone a month without getting divorced!

    ReplyDelete