Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Cooking

I'm not sure why, but I've been on a cooking binge this week. It's mostly due to the Smitten Kitchen Cookbook I bought from a consignment shop right before Christmas, but hadn't used until now.

Sunday I browsed through it and picked out three recipes, ran to the store for a few ingredients and bam! I made Wild Rice Gratin with Spinach on Sunday as it was the recipe with the longest prep time,


Shells and Peas Alfredo last night,

and today I made Black Bean Ragout in the slow cooker. Not sure how long this will last, but man, oh man, we have certainly enjoyed it.

 

 

The slow cooker beans was a great choice for today, as it allowed me the opportunity to spend an hour on the beach after work today.

The weather was gorgeous and apparently it is supposed to rain tomorrow and be freezing cold on Thursday, so today was the best day to hit the beach. "Gather ye rosebuds while ye may" and all that.

 

1 comment:

  1. Black bean ragut! Im intrigued!!!
    Smitten kitchen here i come

    ReplyDelete