Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Friday, November 4, 2011

TGIF & Still Loving the USPS

What a great Friday! I went to bed at 7:30 p.m. last night and didn't get up until 6:30 a.m. Granted, I did take a muscle relaxer, but wow, I am definitely rested now. I had a good day at work, teaching the periodic table of elements using beads, and then I came home to find a lovely surprise package in the mailbox. Look at these goodies from Madison, Wisconsin!! A cow pie, stitch markers, postcard, and kniting earrings! I know you want a close up of Deborah's handmade earrings! Aren't they gorgeous!! I couldn't get them in fast enough and I am planning on wearing them until further notice!!

What a delightful surprise!! Thank you, Deborah!!!


Earlier in the week I had another wonderful surprise. Awhile back I had won a blog drawing from Lene, and it arrived on Monday. It's a gorgeous black and white photo that she took. Isn't it beautiful?




The weather is pretty similar here near the Bay today, although we still have most of our leaves still on the trees. Check out the windblown chairs.





I have to do some homework for my class tomorrow, so I'm going to hit the books now. Wearing my new earrings, of course! Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. I suspect that, being on the Bay, you get a lot of wind. We get a lot too off Lake Ontario--in fact we have the largest wind farm in Canada just offshore on Wolfe Island. Hope you get a few rows in this weekend in spite of the teaching. Sounds as if you love both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet scores! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete