Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Contentment

Be Content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you."
~ Lao Tzu




I found this quote over at SouleMama's blog and it's so perfect, so in tune with how I try to live my life, that I wanted to include it here too. Oh, and by the way, she just had her baby!!





I stole this fabulous idea from SewLiberated's blog. For now I've only the half-pint jars so I've just sorted out the double points, but I can definitely see using the larger size jars and a wall mounted shelf to store them all. In time.




While Stef was packing for her trip to Italy, I pulled down all of the suitcases we had in the attic. It's kind of cool that she took one of my vintage 1978 high school graduation gift pieces of luggage with her. At least my suitcase is going to Italy, right? As I went to put the unused pieces back in the attic, I decided to keep a large one out to store some of my thrifted sheet collection. Maybe if the collection is more accessible, I will do some sewing soon. I'd like to make a few bags, both as storage bags and as gift bags. Maybe even some bread bags? Or is that too weird? To use thrift store sheets as bread bags? I mean, they are clean now, right?


Although there are no photos here, I'm hoping to have a photo shoot this weekend with Melissa, who is home from college. She's so photogenic that I just have to use her to model some of the latest knits! Should be fun; wonder what her fee is??


**And by the way, although I found that quote over the weekend, I've had a most discontented day today. I hate SOL review time. But this too shall pass.

2 comments:

  1. Love those needle jars. Unfortunately, I wouldn't have any place to put it. It's a great idea, though.

    Hope your day is better today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for storing knitting needles. I have the space to do this...

    ReplyDelete