Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Thursday, February 4, 2010

High Five

Thanks to Rudee for tagging me for the High Five meme. If I understand it correctly, I am to list the highpoints of 2009?

For some reason, I feel a little performance anxiety over this. Is my list a good one? Are my highpoints too self-congratulatory? Too hokey? Etc., etc. So here goes.



1. I'll start with M1 going back to school ,although I have to also include M2 for being a successful college junior and S for having a great first semester as a freshman. But M1 going back makes me so happy because she has been on hiatus for about four years now, after dropping out at the end of her third year, back in 2005. And we all know how hard it is to go back.


2. Rhinebeck--I know this sounds weird but the spur of the moment trip with M1 to THE knitting mecca was fabulous. Not the least because of this photo:
Meeting Ann at the Metropolitan Art Museum, seeing Ann, Kay, and Bonne on the grounds at Rhinebeck, and sharing the whole experience with my daughter; well, saying it was a great time seems a little understated.


3. My parents' 50th anniversary party. If Steve hadn't gotten the ball rolling, it never would have happened, but we're all so very glad he did. It was wonderful having so many friends and family be a part of celebrating that very happy milestone.

4. I'm also proud of passing the English Praxis to add to my teaching license. Again, Steve encouraged me in this and it was a good experience. And you never know when it may come in handy.



5. Finally, I'm happy that I'm still blogging, after my brief setback in November. As Rudee mentioned, I'm at a new location, with a new name, and I love it. Blogging has opened so many doors for me; it's given me a reason to take pictures, write, read, and think about the many small, good things in my daily life. It reminds me of all the things I am grateful for and introduces me to new ideas and new people. I appreciate the encouragement I get from the people who leave comments, and I enjoy seeing the myriad of ways that I can cultivate creativity in my life. I can't imagine not doing it.
So, there you are. What's on your high five list?

3 comments:

  1. An awesome list, Rose, and not a bit hokey! I enjoyed reading your highlights.

    Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great meme and great list. I truly enjoy reading about what has been important to those friends I know only through blogging--it opens another window. I suspect it's difficult for many of us to congratulate ourselves, or even STEP AWAY from the endless lists of things to do:>). We forget to look back at what was done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I wish we would have met at Rhinebeck,I was there! And good luck on your shawl:)

    ReplyDelete