Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Party Time

 
Can I just say, I have not felt like partying? But I'm following the "fake it til you feel it" philosophy for now, and it's working. Sort of. At least I'm not curled up in bed, hiding out from my life. I had a party at my house on Sunday for ten women I work with now or worked with at my last school, and it seemed like everyone had a good time.  I had the tree partially decorated, lots of candles burning, and everyone brought food to share. We also did a gift exchange where you draw a number, pick a wrapped gift, with the option of "stealing" a gift from someone else.  It was fun but it's an indication of my frame of mind that I didn't take a single picture! I went to my knitting guild party last night; it was a potluck too, and I had a good time.  Since my group wore matching clothes again, I got a photo. Clearly, we were pretty pleased with ourselves.    
 
Can you read the sweater?  It's a sheep, with the words, Fleece Navidad.  I'm going to have an entire wardrobe of zany knitting clothes if we keep this up.  Melissa, the woman on the right, made the table decoration out of yarn.  
 
 
 
 
I met my youngest at the Hermitage Museum in Norfolk on Saturday, to see a temporary exhibit titled Stickwork, by Patrick Dougherty.  It was a little odd but it was a gorgeous morning to be outside.
 
 
 The museum is right on the Lafayette River, and the grounds are lovely.  They aren't manicured, but rather respect the wetlands and native wildlife.  I need to remember to visit more often as it's so peaceful and it's only a few miles from where I live.
 
 
 I'm truly the happiest when I'm with my daughters.  I think it shows.
 
 I hope you are doing what makes you happy too.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you are embracing the season Rose. Sending you a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that when I'm with my children it always kind of makes my heart sing so I can understand! The nature pics are really lovely - so very peaceful.

    ReplyDelete