Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Monday, December 12, 2016

NOW It Feels Like Christmas!

Melissa was out of town this weekend, and she asked me to check on her cats, so I took the opportunity to walk around her neighborhood.  This was a tree on her street, all decorated.
 
And this is the view at the end of her street; it's the Elizabeth River, and I caught it at sunset.  Beautiful, isn't it?  I forget how many waterways there are here, but I never cease to enjoy their beauty.
 
 
I went to a friend's son's wedding on Saturday night, and while I had a moment or two of sadness, for the most part it was a chance to catch up with old friends.
 
The wedding was at the Virginia Beach oceanfront, but this is an inlet nearby.  Again, the water is so beautiful.
 
 
    
 
 Meredith and Ryan arrived last night and she and I took Ollie down to the beach this morning, but we got caught in a rain storm.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Since it was raining, we decided to go out for lunch to the restaurant where Melissa works.  I had a champagne cocktail, which made a nice change from my normal Monday lunch!
 
 The weather cleared up by the afternoon, so we were able to take a nice long walk on the beach.
 
 
 
 The full moon looks so lovely.
 And the sunset was gorgeous as well.
 
I sure wish Meredith lived closer or visited more often, but I am happy to have the time I do have with her.  Melissa took off tomorrow so the three of us can spend the day together.  I am a lucky mama.
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Your daughter lives in a very lovely area. I think a champagne cocktail is an excellent change of pace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the day with your girls! A champagne cocktail sounds perfect right now (unfortunately, I'm at work).

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT sounds like a nice weekend Rose. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The water certainly is beautiful. The ocean, especially, has healing powers I think.

    ReplyDelete