Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Monday, December 19, 2016

An Abrupt Ending to a Lovely Visit

Ryan, Meredith, Ollie, and Sinon left Saturday morning, and as always, it felt like it was too short of a visit.  Meredith and Ollie really enjoyed the beach this trip, more so than usual it seemed.  Probably because the weather was mild most of the week.
 Melissa met us at the Hermitage Museum and Meredith took this photo of her; that girl is the most photogenic person I know, and I have no idea who she gets it from!
This was taken on one of the early evening walks we took, I think, based in the look of the sky.
I was so happy to spend so much time with the both of them.  It felt so stress free.
Meredith made a quilt for Melissa as a Christmas present; this photo doesn't really do it justice, but I'll get a better one eventually.  The fabrics are gorgeous!
Gracie didn't love the extra visitors, but she managed well enough, carving out some secret places to be nearby yet invisible.  This photo was taken after they left.
 
This has been my view since Friday.  I came down with a virulent strain of a "flu-like virus" according to the Urgent Care doctor I saw on Friday night.  I had taken off work Friday in order to spend the last day of Meredith's visit with her, but by 3:00 pm, I was prostate on the couch.  The tests for strep and flu were negative, so the diagnosis meant I got no meds.  I'm still running a fever and my throat is worse, so I'm going back to the doctor this morning to follow up.  I have been miserable all weekend, but I think Gracie has quite enjoyed the snuggle time.
 
 Missing work for fun is one thing, but missing to be sick, just sucks.  At least it didn't mess up much of my time with Meredith.

8 comments:

  1. What a great visit. Sorry about feeling yucky - hope you are back to normal very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you'll feel better, but I'm glad it didn't happen while you had the chance to visit. And I feel certain that Gracie is a good nurse. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Gracie really does look like Naji.
    So sorry that you are so sick. It is good that it didn't mess up Meredith's visit. Looking forward to more photos of the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was so lucky it didn't!! Thank you!!

      Delete
  4. I am so glad you had a special time with both of your girls Rose.
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know you know how important and cherished these times are!

      Delete