Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Thursday, June 2, 2016

Home Stretch

I only have 10 more days with my students and as always, it's a bittersweet time. For the most part, we have a wonderful rhythm going, the environment feels safe to us, and yet it's time to move on. Having said that, I'm looking forward to lots of beach time.

I had my first real beach day last Saturday and I made the most of it, staying outside until dark, just like when I was a kid, and it felt marvelous.

 

I'm still working on my Pebble Beach Shawl, since it seems like I knit 4 rows only to rip back 3. A lot. Oh well, it'll be pretty when I'm finally finished.

Saw this tableau while walking and it struck my fancy.

The light was gorgeous.

 

I also got the outdoor table covered for the summer; this is the table I found on the curb last summer and hauled home. I bought a yard and a half of waterproof tablecloth fabric to protect it from the rain and it worked great. I stored it in the garage over the winter and recovered it with new fabric for this summer when I brought it back out. It's a great place to knit and eat, as it only gets the morning sun.

My parents celebrated their 57th anniversary on Memorial Day; I can't even imagine being married that long. They are so adorable on their wedding day, aren't they?

I caught Gracie in a pensive mood; or maybe she was only taking a catnap. Either way, she is a contented cat.

 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember that Almost Summer feeling! Enjoy your Early Days. They were so well-earned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Pebble Beach is really in beach colors. Mine is deep pink!
    Your table worked out perfectly. We use an old kitchen table on the porch with chairs handed down by my parents.
    And, yes, your parents are adorable!

    ReplyDelete