Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Saturday, February 6, 2016

Week at a Glance

This week was a trying one and the weekend hasn't been much better. My throat started hurting Wednesday night, but I assumed it was due to "first week voice", as speaking in a different register, otherwise known as "the teacher voice", for a longer than usual time can be a strain. By Friday afternoon, I was really dragging, but again, thought I was just worn out. Friday night was rough enough that I went to an urgent care this morning and they gave me an antibiotic for a upper respiratory infection which meant I've spent the rest of the day sleeping, drinking hot tea, and feeling awful.

The bright spot in the weekend is my Lopi yarn delivery for the Stopover KAL! It arrived yesterday and I have enjoyed looking at it and trying to decide on the color arrangement. I'm using the dark purple for the body, and am going with the pink, lavender, and teal. I really like the grey too, but will save it for another project. I think it'll look gorgeous and I am so excited. One of my friends is joining me and her yarn is due on Monday.

Here's a cute photo of Gracie, curled up in a heart shape. She's definitely enjoyed me being in bed today, as she kept me company the whole time.

This one was taken one night this week, in the sunroom. She gets into some interesting positions, that's for sure.

More next time, when I'm feeling better and have some lovely Lopi knit up!

 

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you are not feeling well, hope you are better soon. Can't wait to see your lopi knit progress. The colors are very pretty. Gracie is such a cutie!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hate being sick, but then, so does everyone. Sick days always sound better in theory, don't they?

      Delete
  2. Hope you are feeling better Rose, so many have been really ill this year.
    Hugs to you and happy knitting!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete