Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Sunday, January 31, 2016

Knit A Long

My knit group loves to knit ponchos and frequently do KALs. I rarely, if ever, participate in knit-a-longs, so color me surprised when I jumped on the Mason-Dixon Stopover KAL. I ordered my yarn from Tolt tonight and word on the web is they deliver quickly, so although I may be a day or two late starting, I'm kind of excited about it. The sweater looks exactly like the type of clothing I'd love wearing, especially since I'm in control of the details, and I think the pattern is in within my skill set. I'm not sure what colors my yoke will be, as I ordered a variety to choose from but I'll share as soon as I decide.

Stephanie is knitting a cabled jumper using Berroco Vintage; isn't it gorgeous?

Steve and I did some purging this weekend and when we dropped off our discards, I saw this series of books. Despite my interest, I passed them up. I should look them up and see if they would sell on eBay or something, what do you think?


The weather is pretty warm so I played tennis with Steve, his oldest daughter, and her husband. I'm the weak link but I'm not terrible and it's great exercise. I always have fun, but today, Steve served a ball straight to my head! It hurt like the dickens but I think I'm okay. I went knitting afterwards to relax.

Yesterday, Stephanie and I went to Baa Baa Sheep to knit awhile, and treated ourselves to breakfast beforehand, and coffee after. A lovely day for both of us. Love having my sidekick around. Hope you enjoyed your weekend as well, on this last day of the month.

 

6 comments:

  1. You sweater-knitters make me feel so inadequate! Stopover is just gorgeous, as is Stephanie's cabled sweater. I love Vintage. It is a great, durable yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have plans to knit a sweater, so don't feel envious yet! Time will tell. Steph is the prolific knitter, but then she has more time than we do!

      Delete
  2. Our weather here has been very mild, too. I'm so grateful after last year's winter. All that cabling is lovely but looks awfully worky to a beginner like me. Enjoy your Knit Along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cabling is truly one of those things that look so much more complicated than it is. Thank goodness it's Friday! I need a weekend!

      Delete
  3. Yes, I think I'm joining that KAL too..heading to WEBS tomorrow and may get the yarn.

    ReplyDelete