Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Sunday, February 21, 2016

Randomness

We got a little snow on Presidents Day but it melted the same day so we didn't miss any school, darn it.

Gracie enjoyed hanging out as usual.

This is a photo I took over Christmas break; such a cutie.

I've been spending some time in my craft room lately and took this shot for some reason. The tower on the left is a Lantern Moon product and I am using it to store my WIPs in the hopes I will finish a few, instead of casting on for new ones all the time. So far, no luck. The IKEA cabinet was a freebie from a friend who was giving it away and I love it. It has a lot of room inside, despite the clutter you see on top of it here.

 
I met Melissa for lunch yesterday and I knit on the Stopover sweater body while she made boondoggles, her latest craze. The body is at the underarm point now, so I knit up the second sleeve last night and today.

Second sleeve against a tree for textural interest.

Melissa has been helping her dad clean up his house and she's found a number of photos that she's posting on Facebook. This is one of her at about 4 years old. Heartbreakingly beautiful.

And she posted this one of me at age 20 as my birthday photo; hard to believe I was ever this young. It was taken in Orlando, at the Wet n Wild water park, on a trip her dad and I took in 1980. It was our first "adult" vacation and water parks were a new concept then. I remember how much fun we had, two carefree kids, with not a care in the world. So long ago.

 

7 comments:

  1. What fun photos! You haven't changed bit :)
    Doesn't it seem like yesterday? And yet, I can't imagine the world without my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I had a two piece with those exact stripes and colors. Hugs to you Rose,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun! A Facebook friend said she had the same suit, so it must have been popular!

      Delete
  3. Great photos! I love a kitty in the craft room. They are good company even when asleep. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I agree, I just love watching (and photographing) her!

      Delete
  4. I wish I could send you all of our snow. I am mightily sick of it (even though we have had a great deal less this year than in winters past).

    Isn't it funny how impossible it is to get the colours of things to photograph correctly? Maddening.

    ReplyDelete