Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Synergy and Shakespeare

It's a wonderful and frustrating truth that when I reach what feels like the perfect level of synergy with my students, it's time to let them go. And it's happening again. I only have fifteen more days with them and we are having the best time. At least I am, and that usually means they are too. We are finishing up Romeo and Juliet, and they are totally into it. They get it that Shakespeare is still relevant, even after all these years, and they are proud of themselves for decoding the strange language; knowing that I opened that door for them is so exciting that some days I can barely believe my good fortune.

 

Speaking of good fortune, Gracie, the wonder cat is still making my heart glad. She does an awful lot of snoozing, but she's so darn cute doing it!

 

Here is her relaxed, sprawled position:

And this is her curled paw position. Adorable.

 

My mother gave me some peony blooms that I arranged with rosemary sprigs.

I planted an ivy plant in this basket that I found last summer. Not sure what to put in the other two baskets, but I'm thinking herbs?

I re-potted this gorgeous geranium, but I see I need to tidy up the steps.

I leave you with another photo of Grace, looking a bit peeved. I think she's tired of the paparazzi, don't you?

Still knitting All the Shades of Truth, but I don't have an updated photo and it's too dark to take one. Next time.

 

4 comments:

  1. I'm just wrapping up Romeo and Juliet with my ninth graders, too. I always wait for that moment each year when someone says, "I thought Shakespeare was boring, but it's not!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much more exciting than I expected after teaching science for so long. I love it!

      Delete
  2. Love your garden photos. My white peonies are on the verge of blooming; same with the white roses. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love white roses! We have a few bushes of them, but the rains have decimated the blooms this week.

    ReplyDelete