Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Endings and Beginnings

As my former in-laws are preparing for the funeral, they are going through a lifetime of photos. Melissa sent me this one of my parents with Meredith, which was taken in 1987, making her three years old. My parents were in their forties, but look even younger to me.

Melissa loving on Ollie, and Ollie being a good sport about it.

Meredith made me this beautiful quilt for Mother's Day; I think it's gorgeous! She used one of my thrifted sheets for the backing. Hmm, maybe I'll do one this summer.

Yarn I didn't need, but somehow bought one day last week, maybe in my sleep? Love those colors and it is quite soft, just perfect for baby knits.

Today is our team day, which means we are cooking on the grill and mainly just hanging out with the kids. Normally team days make me nuts, but this year's group has been so sweet that I'm looking forward to it. Plus, I know it's my last middle school team day, so that makes it even nicer. I can't believe I only have two more days this year! It's been a crazy fast year and I'm not quite ready for it to be over, but ready or not, here it comes. Now it's time for me to look forward to my new adventure. But first, summer!

 

3 comments:

  1. Rose, I am just getting caught up in blog land. Sorry about your former father-in-law. Glad you have spent some extra special time with your girls and while I know packing up your things is a bit bittersweet, you will be fabulous in your new gig.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a bit distracted so I, too, am getting caught up. So sorry about your former father-in-law.

    The move to high school and English is SO exciting. I'm sure you will love it. I've always thought that eventually I'll move to high school. At least for special ed, it's a bit less intense and less physical.

    You have the sweetest daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful photograph of your daughter and your parents. So sorry for your family's loss.

    ReplyDelete