Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Springtime Walk

I have been drowning in middle school girl drama and course work this week, but today, after working diligently on my final project for over two hours after I got off work, I rewarded myself with a twenty minute stroll through a lovely neighborhood bursting with spring flowers. What bliss.


These may be crabapple blossoms.

A cardinal.

Azalea, the old fashioned variety.

Wisteria--I adore the smell.

 

Apparently, the people who live in this house adore them too.

Lilacs.

I can't remember if these were flowering cherry trees or not, but I love the red door.


This patio is fantastic!

I love the color combo on this house. I hope no one thought I was creepy, wandering around taking pictures of houses, but it's one of my favorite things to do!

 

I have class all day this Saturday and then the final one on Tuesday, which is when the project worth 50% of my grade is due. See you when it's over.

 

3 comments:

  1. You take such demanding classes. I don't know how you do it on top of teaching all day!

    Spring is really springing out there. I'm wistful that we can't grow wisteria here!

    Good luck finishing up your class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is it for me! I must have been crazy to do this one. I get my life back this Tuesday!

      Delete
  2. I take pictures of houses in my neighbourhood all the time and no one thinks it's creepy, but probably that's because I'm on a designated historic walk and lots of people are clicking. The flowers are gorgeous. Now I really miss the DC area. I'm trying not to think about the Sheep and Wool Festival in May.

    ReplyDelete