Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Tuesday, July 12, 2011

No Feet, Just Food

Okay, so I promised food photos. This is a photo from the Strawberry Street Cafe on Sunday night; it's their renowned salad bar in a bathtub, but due to my foot, I decided to forego it for a crab cake. And a beer. Last night, we went to Whole Foods for their buffet, which usually doesn't disappoint. Last night, about half of what we got was good and the other half was not. The asparagus, greens, noodles, and the sesame tofu was great, but the kung pao tofu was awful. Entirely too salty and dried out.



Steve got the beet salad (good) and some fried fish (not). We did have some great sorbet to finish up, but I think it'll be awhile before we do the WF buffet again.



Tonight was another great meal; we ate at The Black Sheep, as recommended by Stef, and not only was it a great, kitschy atmosphere, the food was FABULOUS! Don't you love this frog lamp and coordinating sheep salt & pepper shakers? Every table in the place had a different set of salt & pepper shakers and all of them looked vintage. I would have taken photos of them, but I don't think the diners would have appreciated it.







This was the best fingerling potato salad I've ever had and the sandwich was great too. Avocado, cheese, tomato, onion, and horseradish. Grilled, not greasy.




Steve got a salad with cherries and beets, along with homemade corn pudding. Awesome.






Stef got an amazing loaf covered with olive tapenade and goat cheese. And for dessert, we split the Nutella Pound Cake ala coffee ice cream. Delicious.




And as usual, the hotel is providing wonderful food for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. I barely notice I'm working this week!

3 comments:

  1. Hazelnut and coffee? Sounds like a match made in heaven. Hope your foot is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are restaurants so much better on the coasts? I'm drooling over your photos and descritions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! I'm coming to visit that restaurant. It sounds delish! And I love the s/p sheep. Perfect for us knitter-types.

    ReplyDelete