Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Tulip and A Zinnia

I don't know why I haven't blogged/bragged about this particular FO before, but here is my first Tulip Sweater. I absolutely LOVED knitting it and I LOVE the finished product as well. I made a teensy error when knitting the sleeves, but I don't care.


I still love it and can't wait to knit another one, maybe in primary colors next time. This one goes in the wicker trunk where all the knitting that doesn't have a designated recipient goes. The next person who has a baby girl gets it!





The zinnia patch in one of our flower beds finally had a bloom today, which is what prompted the impromptu photo session. (Can you use impromptu in the same sentence as prompted? Hmm, probably bad form.)





Enjoy the rest of your week!!!



5 comments:

  1. That sweater is so cute. It is so smart to have gifts ready to go.

    I haven't had kids since last Thursday! Spent all day at school today organizing and packing up my room -- I'm being moved AGAIN!

    Did you hear the news? The state Supreme Court ruled in favor of the governor, thus stripping our collective bargaining rights away! At this point, we have to focus on recalling this guy. He's also cutting school funding drastically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweater is so cute, I just love it. I think that the next baby girl will look fantastic.
    have a wonderful day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore that sweater and now I think I need to knit one. Maybe as soon as I cast of my current baby sweater. Every single birthing woman I know has had a boy. I dream of knitting for a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I love the colors! I'd be happy to wear it...maybe a little bigger, tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only ever seen this sweater as blogged by the Yarn Harlot. Now, I'm going to have to make one for the next baby gift I need. Sadly, I'm at that stage in life when there seems to be a bit of a baby drought. My friends are too old, my children too young. I could just make a bunch of cute baby things and have them stashed away for future need...

    ReplyDelete