Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Vile Virus

I am dealing with the most awful virus right now. It started at 3 a.m. on Monday morning with disgusting details I will omit that went on for about eight miserable hours. The rest of the day was spent in bed with a horrendous headache that is continuing today. I haven't been able to read or knit longer than ten minutes at a time, so I thought I'd try and distract myself with pictures of yarn. (By the way, I've noticed that 75% of my photo folders are labeled "yarn", which isn't much of a filing system, is it?)


Here is the baby blanket in progress; I was able to knit on it on our daytrip to Richmond Saturday, but I spent some of the time tinking too, so progress is slower than it should be for this simple pattern.

Here is the trial blanket I started and will frog; I don't like garter stitch with this yarn and I don't really like the pale yellow either. I think I'm going to bundle all the yellow yarn up and give it away. I've had it for years, and everytime I try to knit something with it I put it back, so it needs to go.
Here's the crazy section. Despite a resolution to stop buying yarn until I've used some of the gorgeous yarn I already own, I picked this up Saturday, cause it reminded me of the denim yarn I used to knit baby boy hats with and can no longer find. It's a finer gauge, but I'm pretty sure it'll be an adorable infant cap.


And these two beauties seemed to be perfect for a striped baby pullover (all the coworkers seem to have baby boys), especially since the yarn is discontinued and it's superwash!


I bought this last week because it was on sale and I liked the colors but I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, other than enjoy looking at it.



It's sitting on top of the dvd of the BBC's North & South I rented Sunday night. That was a timely rental, as it was the only thing I could manage to do when I was awake. I finished it this afternoon and it was grand. While the main characters were wonderful, I also loved Sinead Cusack as John's mother. It filled my Masterpiece jones this week, since I didn't really enjoy the one that's running now, although I'm not sure why. My next rental is going to be Wives & Daughters, just as soon as I'm well enough to make the video store run.



3 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better, soon. I don't know, I kind of like the yellow with the bling going on. I don't think I've watched or read North & South since it first came out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the blanket with the blue fringe-y yarn looks better in the photo. I think it would be a fun gift. Babies like texture. My son had a hand-tied quilt that he adored. The reason? It had these little wool ties that he could play with. He still has it

    I hope that this is a speedy-to-retire virus and that you're feeling well again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hope you are feeling better soon. We have had strep and the flu here, my house is full of germs!!!!!
    Have a healthy day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete