Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Friday, May 28, 2010

Fabulous Friday

What a fabulous day today is. It's Friday for one thing, the beginning of the weekend, and a three day weekend to boot. And I am feeling good. I got the results of my students' performance on the science standards test and 100% of them passed. I've always had a pass rate of 90% or better, usually over 95% even, but I've never had 100%, and does it feel good. Validation is a wonderful thing when you can get it.



On to the knitting. This is the Natalya hand mitt, the third in my handmitt series. The yarn seems to have good stitch definition and it seems like it will be a classic addition to just about any type of winter coat. It's pretty but I'm not thrilled with it; maybe the yarn is boring?



Icing on my cake though? This gorgeous handspun yarn that Rudee sent me! I got it in the mail yesterday afternoon and photographed it this morning on the back deck before I went to work. It's called Crazy Woman, which is an absolutely perfect name for the way I've felt the last couple of weeks. It's beautiful and so, so soft.


I'm keeping it in this vase until I decide what to make with it. Anybody have any suggestions? It's going to be for me, I know that much. Meanwhile I think I'll keep patting it as I go by it.

That's pretty much the extent of my weekend plans; fondling yarn and reading. Bring it on.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, good! I'm glad it got there safe and sound. It really was a pleasure to spin.

    No spinning circle this weekend, but that won't stop me. I finally had a break with my work schedule and between visits tonight, I spun for an hour on my porch. It was a little piece of heaven. The way I figure, the company owes me 4 lunch breaks this week, so I'm not feeling too guilty.

    Have a great weekend, Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the 100% Rose! You deserve the validation.
    Have a lovely weekend of yarn fondling and reading. I'm hoping to complete some WiP's along with driving kids as usual.

    ReplyDelete