Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Saturday, February 13, 2010

Olympic Knitting

The opening ceremonies were lovely. I can't wait to visit Canada. Steve and I are supposed to go to Montreal this summer and Vancouver next spring.

I cast on for the Mondo Cable Pullover and completed seven rows. I had forgotten that I bought the pullover pattern and not the cardigan pattern, hoping for many rows of circular knitting.

Now Steve and I are off to Annapolis for the Valentine's Day/My Birthday celebration. We went there for our first Valentine's Day and I loved it so that's where I picked for this year too. There's a dusting of snow on the ground here (again!) but the roads are clear and the forecast up there looks good, so fingers crossed.

We're due back on Monday. I'm hoping to stop at Fibre Space in Alexandria on the way back home to see Wendy! Steve is such a patient man.

Hope your weekend is lovely.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Rose. And Happy Valentine's Day, too.

    I didn't do much knitting last night (too busy with work), and what I did do, I have to tink this morning. Ugh.

    Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a happy weekend. Two celebrations at once...nice timing.

    Let me know when you come to Vancouver...we can meet up. That Opening was beautiful, wasn't it? We're still humming Hallelujah this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday!! have you ever been to montreal? i've been there four or five times. it's so lovely. you can find montreal stories on my blog if you search (or look in the sidebar), but it's such a great city you will also find wonderful places just wandering around on your own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous of your Canadian travel plans!

    I lived in Annapolis in 1986 and 1987. My (then) husband and I worked for The Capitol newspaper and lived in the historic district. It's a great place to visit but living in a tourist trap has its drawbacks!

    ReplyDelete