Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Saturday, February 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!

We have snow again, just in time for my mom's birthday! Here she is in the yard with the decorations my dad ordered for her as a surprise.



I can't believe how good she looks at seventy and hope the gene pool extends to me.



And here's the new bird feeder I just put out before we got more snow. We already have visitors!



I've decided to celebrate my birthday every day this month in order to wrap my mind around the fact that I'm turning fifty. Thursday morning I bought myself two large bouquets of flowers to take to school and gave a stem to each of my team teachers. Thursday night I bought myself the birdfeeder, and Friday morning I made cranberry muffins, wrapped and tied them up with some raspberry colored yarn and gave them to my team teachers and the tutors who come to my AVID class three times a week. Going to my mom's for her birthday was today's treat, plus I'm going to enjoy some quality knitting time tonight. Sounds like a great plan, doesn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Ooh! Cardinals! We don't have these birds and you know how it is with the things you don't have.
    Happy Birthday to your mom...love those happy faces :)

    I like the idea of celebrating your birthday for a whole month. And I like the sharing some treats with others with some special times just for you. Great plan, Rose. Looking forward to hearing what else you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your mom! Love that you are celebrating everyday and sharing with others. I'm turning 40 this year and I plan to do the same. Just googled Hampton Quilt festival - it's feb 25-28. I'll try to go on thurs the 25th but i'll have to leave by 2:30 in order to pick my kiddos up from school. let me know if you decide to go. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete